Best MMO Gaming Mouse in 2020
As an avid MMO player, the type of gaming mouse at hand significantly determines your chances of winning. This makes it important to consider other aspects apart from aesthetics when looking for one; for instance, the kind of buttons, weight of the mouse, and the type of sensor, among other considerations.
As a rule of thumb, the first consideration should be placed on the essential features required for your gaming needs and ease of use. For MMO gaming, you will mostly require one with a variety of buttons, as well as configuration capabilities, as it requires lots of multitasking to handle the complex macros.
In this post, we review some of the best MMO gaming mice that you can find in the market. Hopefully, this will help you make a better choice. Here we go!
Best MMO gaming Mice reviews
1. Logitech G600 MMO Gaming Mouse
Weighing in at 133 g, the Logitech G600 brings to the table just about everything that can be needed for an MMO game. To begin with, it comes along with an 8200 DPI laser sensor that allows high tracking capabilities for precision gaming. These can enable you to make those critical shots without much a struggle.
Additionally, the mouse packs a whopping 20 MMO tuned buttons for optimum customization. Even better, they are arranged in a specific layout for easy identification (Mostly just by touch).
As an example, they are organized in two concave groups with depressions on each button that can comfortably fit your thumb. This allows quick button identification, which can reduce your chances of accidentally hitting the wrong buttons for a wholesome gaming experience.
One outstanding feature with this mouse is the "G-shift button" that enables more customization as it functions like your typical PC shift key that allows secondary functionality.
Lastly, its low-friction PTFE feet enable effortless gliding movements on any surface for greater ease of use.
- Lots of customizable buttons
- Able to memorize a large number of shortcuts
- Lots of buttons which can make it difficult to reach some of them
- A not so excellent grip
2. Razer Naga Trinity Gaming Mouse
Next is the dynamic Razer Naga trinity. As one of the bestselling FPS units and the latest model from the Razer brand, this product has a lot in store for gaming enthusiasts.
With an adjustable 16,000 DPI optical sensor, the mouse offers high-precision, as well as remarkable sensitivity according to your needs. As such, you get to overcome your problematic areas with greater ease.
In addition, it comes along with 19 programmable buttons that provide you with more customization options so that you can be able to navigate the complex macros and button remapping functions with the aid of the Razer Synapses.
It's full modular customizability capabilities that comprise three interchangeable side plates with two, seven, and twelve button configurations, on the other hand, gives you freedom of choice depending on the game or task at hand.
- Reasonable price considering its functionalities
- Customizable side plates
- Some customers complain about its lack of ergonomics
3. Corsair Ironclaw Wireless Gaming Mouse
The Corsair Ironclaw Sub- 1ms slipstream can arguably be considered as an improvement to the Corsair range of products. It incorporates ultra-low-latency wireless connectivity and a low-power Bluetooth technology that ensures an extra-long battery life.
Also, its unique ability to work as a wired and a wireless device gives you the best from the two worlds. In essence, you can use either mode at your discretion, which ensures maximum performance at any given time.
It also comes along with an adjustable custom Pixart PMW3391 18000 DPI sensor for top-notch accuracy and high sensitivity. Furthermore, it's up to ten fully programmable buttons that allow full customization regarding key remaps and complex macros to provide a competitive advantage.
The built-in Corsair iCUE software, on the other hand, allows full-system lighting, complicated macro programming, and dynamic RGB lighting control synchronization, among other compatible Corsair peripherals. This eliminates the need to repeat the customization process with each new product.
Not to forget is it's up to fifty hours battery life that allows uninterruptable extended playtime, while ultra-durable Omron switches make it a long term investment.
- Comfortable design
- Wider for larger hands
- Powerful sensor
- A bit heavy
4. Redragon M908 MMO Gaming Mouse
Just like the name suggests, the Redragon M908 is a beast on its merit. It sits on a Pixart PMW3327 sensor with an adjustable12, 400 DPI that offers1000 Hz polling rate for ultra-fast processing, high precision, and accuracy.
What is more, it comes along with 18 programmable buttons and five memory profiles for optimum customization. As such, you are getting a system that can allow personalization to a tee for optimum functionality.
What makes it a hit among avid gamers is its 12 dedicated MMO programmable side buttons that allow the creation of a multitude of shortcuts for the complex macros. Moreover, its smooth TEFLON feet pads enable smooth glides across any surface for superior game control.
You can use this mouse for a variety of game maneuvers, such as controlled aims, coordinated attacks, or precision targeting, which makes it popular among die-hard gamers.
Last but not least, it is compatible with 2000/ME/XP/03/VISTA/7/8/10 environments for programmable use, as well as Mac OS for regular utilization. This gives you a wider gaming environment to choose from.
- Large enough to fit bigger hands
- Extremely fast
- It is a plug-in a play device
- Allows for the increase or decrease of weight
- Reasonably priced
- Requires to download the software
5. Logitech G903 lightspeed gaming mouse
The Logitech G903 comes in as an improvement to the other Logitech brand models. It integrates an enviable Hero 16k optical sensor that offers top-notch performance, as well as extreme precision. Not only that, but it also provides a pro-grade 1ms report rate thanks to light speed wireless capabilities that enable faster response.
If you're a gaming addict who is allergic to interruptions, this beast might be your savior as it can hold power for between 140 a d180 hours, depending on use. You are also at liberty to invoke the power play wireless charging feature that ensures that you never lack charge at any given period.
As if that's not enough, its advanced button technology eases up things when keying in commands. As a result, you end up utilizing lesser energy during play, which can significantly reduce fatigue levels, especially in extended gaming. To maximize on this feature, use it on Windows 7 or later, macOS 1011 or later, or Chrome OS environments alongside a USB port and internet access for Logitech G HUB (optional).
Regarding customization, you can use the G hub gaming software to configure the six to eleven buttons to your liking. Similarly, its ambidextrous design consists of a configurable button layout that allows the utilization of both the left and right hand.
- Stays with the charge for an extended period
- Configurable buttons
- Commendable game detection capabilities
- Does not offer a solid grip
- A bit expensive
6. Logitech G604 lightspeed gaming mouse
Similar to its sibling above, the Logitech G604 embodies a Hero 16k sensor with capabilities of providing unrivaled tracking and power-saving performances that can enable you to stay put for at least 240 hours without recharging.
Likewise, the G hub software allows the configuration of the six thumb buttons. By doing so, you'll be able to execute critical movements in a prompt manner, which can put you ahead of the pack.
With this product, you also get to enjoy dual connectivity courtesy of the ultrafast 1mms lightspeed advanced wireless and Bluetooth technology. This gives you an opportunity of tasting both worlds and finding out what suits your style or environment.
As a bonus, it comes along with a dual-mode hyperfast scroll wheel that enables the selection between the ratcheted and hyper-fast scrolling, which also provides you with a freedom of choice.
- Offers dual connectivity
- High performing 16k hero sensor
- Long battery life
- A metal scroll wheel
- Easy to program
- A bit pricey
7. ASUS ROG Spatha Gaming Mouse
Though not so aesthetically appealing, the ASUS ROG Spatha performs what it was meant for. This beast tips the scales at 178.5 g and features swappable Omron click switches for configurable click resistance to withstand considerable abuse.
Additionally, it integrates a dual operational mode (wired/wireless modes) with an 8200 DPI, 150 IPS, 30G acceleration sensor, as well as a 2000Hz USB polling rate that allows high accuracy, and ultra-fast processing speed. These can enable you to make accurate split-second decisions.
The Rog Armory interface, on the other hand, allows you to customize its 12 button design, RGB lighting, as well as performance, with the built-in flash memory for profile storage. Doing so alleviates the pain of having to repeat the whole process in case of new equipment or location.
Last but not least, it has a smooth magnesium alloy bottom that enables natural gliding movements across any surfaces. Better still, easily attaches itself to the magnetic charging dock.
- Can fit larger hands
- Well built
- Offers smooth tracking
- Magnetic attachment allows the mouse to attach itself on the stand easily.
8. CORSAIR Scimitar Pro RGB Gaming Mouse
Synonymous with the fine line of Corsair brand products, the CORSAIR Scimitar Pro comes along with a custom, gaming-grade 16000 DPI optical sensor. This enables high-speed and ultra-accurate tracking so that you may not miss a thing during play.
Besides, the patent-pending design incorporated in the unit allows an 8mm key travel with a secure look to enable you to reach every button with comparative ease no matter your hand size.
Likewise, the textured side button keycaps ensure a firm grip for comfortable utilization. Not only that, but they are also designed to pro player specifications to provide consistent, precise actuation and tactile feedback.
Thanks to its onboard storage system with macro playback capabilities, MMO players can create up to three own predefined profiles, as well as other general-purpose keyboard short cuts, which can save them tons of time and anguish.
- Patent-pending design for ease of use
- An onboard storage system that allows profile creation
- A bit pricey
9. ROCCAT KONE Aimo Gaming Mouse
As another lethal force to look out for within the MMO fraternity, the ROCCAT KONE Aimo comes along with a basket full of goodies.
It features an extra-ordinary OWL-EYE optical sensor with a sensitivity of up to 12000DPI for incomparable precision and accuracy for competitive advantage.
Also, its Tri-button thumb zone plus the 4 D tilting Titan wheel allows quick control. And at the same time, the exclusive easy shift button [+] will enable you to double the number of programmable buttons from twelve to twenty-four. As such, you'll be in a position to customize more shortcuts and commands for greater ease of use.
Similarly, the Powerful 32-bit ARM MCU+ONBOARD Memory makes it possible to run the complex macros within no time, which can put you ahead of everyone. While the distance control unit installed in the system manages the pick-flight to increase your accuracy levels.
Another remarkable feature is the ROCCAT SWARM software that effectively manages the other various processes that range from compatibility practices to lighting activities.
About aesthetics, you will find this mouse stylish and highly attractive courtesy of its contemporary design, and the Aimo lighting system that harmonizes your lighting amongst compatible ROCCAT devices.
- Excellent aesthetics
- Comfortable to hold design
- Allows customization
- A bit heavy for competitive FPS games
10. UtechSmart Venus Gaming Mouse
To wind us up is the UtechSmart Venus that focuses on MMO players by assimilating a high precision Avago sensor with an up to 16400 DPI, 12000 FPS, 1000 Hz polling rate, 30G acceleration, 100-150in/s cursor speed. For quick tactical movements that are necessary within such games.
You can also customize the mouse according to your gaming needs, thanks to the easily programmable buttons, as well as the five custom profiles alongside five LED RGB colors backlit modes to allow immediate identification of the profiles. Besides, you can choose a mode from the other available 16 million RGB colors.
The auto-fire button, on the other hand, comes in handy when you want to maximize your preferences for better play. Better still, the mouse comes along with preassembled weights that can help you in adjusting its weight according to your preferences.
Concerning ergonomics, the mouse features a right-handed design with a frosted painting surface that prevents slippage. Furthermore, it has a suitable texture and shape that ensures a firm and comfortable grip.
Lastly, its smooth TEFLON feet pads enable smooth gliding movements that can allow you excellent gaming experience.
- Responsive sensor
- Excellent ergonomics
- A responsive thumb grid
- Braided cable for durability
- You can change the weights.
- You will need to download the drivers and software
Conclusively, an MMO gaming mouse is a handy device that can take your gaming standards to unimaginable levels. Thus, consider all your requirements before settling on one.
Buying guide for the best MMO Mouse
In case you are looking for an MMO gaming mouse, it is essential to consider all the other aspects apart from the comfort level attribute. For instance, ease of use plays a significant role in determining your gaming mouse since you are going to stick with the device for a considerable time frame and even during heavy use for extended periods.
Therefore, a gadget that is difficult to utilize can result in repetitive strain injuries. To avoid such, purchase a mouse that allows easy access of buttons, as well as other functionalities that can enable the creation of shortcuts and commands.
Here are some of the other features to look out for:
- Sensor: it is a vital component of your MMO gaming mouse as it determines your precision or accuracy while at play. There are two types of sensors, namely the lacer and optical options.
- However, there are no significant differences between them, apart from the lighting technology used.
- DPI: This acronym stands for Dots-per-inch in full, and plays a pivotal role in determining how far the cursor moves on the screen per every movement made on the mouse pad.
- Nevertheless, don't be cheated that a higher DPI is better than a lower one. This stems from the fact that the kind of game you are going to play and the type of screen will determine what is best for you.
- Button position: Where the buttons are placed on a gaming mouse significantly determines its ease of use; for instance, whether you are going to press them without having to take a peek or otherwise.
- The substantial distinction between the buttons is equally crucial as it can help in distinguishing between the different buttons.
- Grip style: how you hold your mouse will majorly determine the type of mouse you are going to settle for.
- Selecting a mouse without specifying your grip style leads to poor game performance and, in other cases, may cause injury. Therefore, choose what works best for you.
- Durability: As a device that you're going to use for a considerable period, it is wise to choose a gaming mouse made from sturdy materials for sustained heavy use.
- Software and Macros: A suitable mouse allows secure handling and programming. These are enabled by simple macros and user-friendly software, respectively. Of noteworthy is to purchase a mouse with your required macro capabilities.
- Price versus features: when considering investing in a gaming mouse, it is essential to compare what you pay for and what you'll get in return. Also, determine your kind of budget and what you want from the mouse.
- Not to forget, the amounts of time you'll use spend with the mouse while gaming will determine the type of features to consider. This enables you to strike a balance between your unique needs and price point.
- Ergonomics and weights: having a variety of weights allows different mouse movements across several games. As such, you can use the various available weights to customize your mouse according to the needs at hand or style of play. For instance, you may prefer a heavier mouse compared to a lighter one.
- Similarly, the ergonomics on mice can significantly contribute towards its suitability as you want a device that is comfortable to use.
- Wireless versus Wired: You may also want to consider a cabled versus a wireless mouse. Each of them has its benefits as well as disadvantages. To begin with, wireless models eliminate the unpalatable sight of cords lying about carelessly on your desk, which trip or hinder your movements at crucial times. On the flip side, they can result in latency.
- Another thing that differentiates them is their prices. A wireless model tends to be more expensive all the time; however, you might be required to forego some features such as the RGB lighting and number of buttons.
- On the other hand, the wired model is cheaper and supports a variety of buttons, as well as adequate lighting.
- Lighting: Though not a critical factor in determining the efficiency of a mouse, you can also consider such if you like aesthetics.
- Apart from that, you can use lighting to organize macro profiles and buttons through color-coding.
FAQs around MMO gaming Mice
What makes a game an MMO?
A game is considered an MMO if it involves a massive number of players usually in their hundreds to thousands playing on an online platform via the same server. In most cases, it features a vast persistent open world depending on the game.
What makes a good MMO mouse?
A great MMO mouse primarily caters to your gaming needs and, at the same time, ensures ease of use.
Is an MMO mouse worth it?
Definitely yes! An MMO mouse comes with a variety of buttons, among other features that enable the creation of short cuts, as well as customization for easy use. Without such abilities playing an MMO game containing complex macros would undoubtedly be a difficult task.
Do you need an MMO mouse for WoW?
It isn't a must to own an MMO mouse to WOW; however, it can undoubtedly ease up some movements as you'll only be required to move your thumb.