How to connect Bluetooth headphones to Xbox one
If Xbox one is your do or die console, then you know that sound is key. Having headsets for your gaming setup is one of the most perfect ways to take your gaming experience a notch higher. It results in more engagement from the players thus more concentration. So let’s imagine this, it’s your birthday and then your bosom buddy treats you with an Xbox one.
Boom, you then discover that your Xbox one’s specifications are not compatible with your Bluetooth headphones. Relax. We acknowledge the fact that Bluetooth headphones are currently the most popular style of headsets, but, why are they such a hustle to connect to the Xbox. Sadly, Xbox one has a couple of missing features, one of them being their lack of Bluetooth functionality.
Despite the manufacturer being aware of this, no action has been taken, with only a small selection of licensed options working. Even the most recent Xbox one doesn’t have this specification, begging the question, can you connect Bluetooth headphones to Xbox one? Fortunately, Microsoft allows this option for game enthusiasts like you and me to enjoy the game.
Considering the title of this article, one would be anxious as well as hopeful in equal measure. As you probably know, there are many headphones that can work with Xbox one. But how many know how to connect wireless headphones to Xbox one? By you being here, it simply means that you need help on the setup of your gaming environment. Worry not, we’re here for you. This read will guide you on Bluetooth technology built in Xbox one and provide you with options you have to connect Bluetooth headphones to Xbox one controller. Let us dive right in.
As at now, the only way to link your headphones to your console is via the Xbox one controller. If your controller has a 3.5mm port, take a sigh of relief, if not, hope is not lost. Thanks to their additional security layer, Xbox one can’t connect to external third party devices. Despite that, you still can enjoy wireless gaming experience by using a Bluetooth audio transmitter together with your Bluetooth headphone. Simply purchase the Bluetooth audio transmitter, connect to the optical audio output on your Xbox one then adjust the RTX as you please.
How to connect Bluetooth headphones to Xbox one controller?
- Start by shutting down your Xbox controller.
- Check whether your headsets have a 3.5mm jack or an adapter to plug your headsets to your Xbox. If it has the 3.5mm jack, you’ll find it beneath your controller under the directional pad and you’ll easily be able to connect them in your controller. In case you need an adapter, you might need to buy one from the shop near you.
- Plug in your headset to the 3.5mm jack.
- Start the Xbox one, go to settings and select ‘devices and accessories.’ From here, feel free to adjust your sound settings as you please.
- In case your headphones don’t produce any sound. Proceed as follows.
Here is the procedure on how to connect wireless headphones to Xbox one if they initially fail to produce sound.
- Turn on the two devices-your Bluetooth headphones and the Xbox one console.
- Go to the ‘settings’ tab on the Xbox one, locate and option for ‘Devices and accessories’ and click on it.
- Search for ‘Bluetooth devices’ from the console.
If you can’t find the Bluetooth headphones, start manual searching by pressing the power button. The lamp will start to flash. If your headsets and microphone have a green and pink connection respectively, it means you have a Bluetooth adapter cable required to 3.5mm jack.
- After you find the headphones, pair them and connect to the console.
You might find that your Bluetooth headphones are not compatible with your Xbox one. In such a case, you’ll need an audio cable with an inbuilt microphone. Luckily, almost all wireless devices have it. Once this is done, follow the following steps to connect your Bluetooth headphones to Xbox one controller.
Connect your Bluetooth headphones with the Xbox controller via its 3.5mm audio cable.
- Switch on the transmitter by pressing the button down for approximately 3 seconds. That’s until you see Blue and Red flashings.
- Turn on the headsets.
- Press the pairing button.
- Go to the settings and activate the ‘Bluetooth devices.’
- Go back to the ‘devices’ menu and select the ‘audio devices’ tab.
- Select the output device as the headphones connected via the controller.
- Select the ‘output to headphone’ and ensure you select the ‘all audio’ option is on ‘chat audio.’
- Your Bluetooth headsets are now fully connected and you’ll be able to listen through as you enjoy your game.
Using Xbox one Bluetooth adapter
Knowing that their product doesn’t have the Bluetooth functionality, interestingly, Microsoft offered the Xbox one headset Stereo adapter. However, this variant doesn’t work with devices manufactured before 2015. Here is how it works:
- Place the Bluetooth adapter and place in the expansion port of the Xbox controller.
- Connect the headsets to the 3.5mm jack of the adapter.
- Regulate the sound and microphone volume via the buttons on the adapter.
- Start your Xbox one console, locate settings tab and select ‘devices and accessories.’
- Apply your desired sound settings and you’re good to go.
In case you don’t have volume controls, regulate the audio directly from your Xbox one dashboard by following these steps:
Open the guide from the controller by pressing the Xbox button.
Scroll right to ‘system’ then select ‘audio.’
This method provides you the opportunity to adjust volume of the game to that of the microphone. You also get added features like game audio mix adjust and mute buttons all at the palm of your hands.
Still, for all the Xbox one gets right, it also feels like the game’s ‘early days.’ I would like to believe Microsoft will keep tweaking the game and hopefully sort the Bluetooth functionality mayhem. But right now, let’s enjoy taking detours via the joy pad for the optimal gaming experience, after all, Rome was not built in a day. Evidently, you don’t have to drill holes in your pockets buying expensive gaming headset to get the most from the Xbox one console, you can connect Bluetooth headphones to Xbox one controller via the methods outlines above. Hopefully, these easy but solid ways on how to connect Bluetooth headphones to Xbox one will go a long way in helping you indulge in a little party on your Xbox One.
Originally posted 2021-01-19 11:24:00.