Best Cheap Gaming Headsets Under 50
As an avid gamer, you'll most likely agree with us that there is more to an enjoyable gaming experience apart from a comfortable gaming chair, mouse and cable, among other devices.
In this case, a quality headset also plays a pivotal role in your overall game enjoyment; for instance, possessing one with a great sound, comfortable fit, and zero tolerance to noise, among other top features.
Nevertheless, this doesn't need to cost you an arm and a leg. Here we provide you with a list of the best headsets under $50 that you can purchase for your gaming needs. Let's dig in!
Best Cheap Gaming Headset Under 50
1. Hyper X Cloud Stinger Gaming Headset
To start as off is the hyper X cloud stinger gaming headset. Just as the name suggests, this beast boasts of significant 50-millimeter directional drivers that allow incomparable top-notch audio precision. With such, you can virtually hear every tidbit detail of what is going on in the background for optimum enjoyment.
Similarly, its lightweight design and ninety-degree rotating ear cups beget a gaming companion that will not only provide you with the recommended build quality but also the required ease of use.
Additionally, the headset features hyper signature memory foam and an adjustable steel slider to protect your ears from physical pressure, and conform it to your head size and shape, respectively. This allows a prolonged gaming indulgent without getting hurt.
Not to forget is its swivel to mute noise cancellation microphone and intuitive volume control that enables crystal clear communication, as well as better sound management.
- Compatible with a variety of platforms
- Adjustable to fit various head sizes
- Allows noise-cancellation
- Some customers complain of a short headset cord when used without the Y adapter extension
- Non-detachable audio cable and microphone
2. SteelSeries Arctis 1 Wired Gaming Headset
For a punchy, clear, and solid audio quality, you genuinely need something sturdy and versatile in one package. Fortunately, the SteelSeries Arctis 1 workhorse can fit this bill. With several beaming 40mm drivers, you are assured of getting an immersive and impressive audio experience.
Its popularly amongst renowned gaming moguls stems from its explicit bidirectional microphone that offers background noise cancellation capabilities, as well as studio-quality voice clarity. These can enable you and your gaming buddies to enjoy top-quality communication while at your thing.
As if that's not enough, its padded air weave provides the needed ear cushioning, while providing plenty of breathable space to prevent your ears from getting sweaty. Better still, you can plug off the microphone when not in use, thanks to its detachable nature, which can offer maximum convenience.
What we like most about the headset is its universal connectivity. As such, you can pair it with the PS4 Xbox switch and lite and mobile, among other devices, through the use of a standard 3.5-millimeter connection. This makes it a versatile and cost-saving asset.
- Universal compatibility
- Bidirectional microphone
- Detachable microphone
- The Cable is a bit short
3. Corsair HS70 Pro Wireless Gaming Headset
Popularly known for top-end products, the Corsair brand produces yet another milestone device in its exclusive list of arsenals. The Corsair HS70 pro wireless headset is what we are talking about as it brings in a different ball game in the gaming fraternity.
It features top-quality customizable 50mm neodymium Audio drivers for high-quality audio that can enable you to hear everything on the battlefield. In addition, it comes along with a detachable omnidirectional microphone that picks up your voice with remarkable clarity, which can enable clear communication.
You also get to have the luxury of fitting the headset according to your head size, thanks to its adjustable ear cups. What is more, its plush memory foam provides incomparable comfort when engaged in long-duration gameplay sessions.
Regarding convenience, you can wirelessly connect it to your PS4 or PC using low-latency 2.4 GHz wireless through the included USB adapter. As a bonus, its metallic structure makes it pretty durable.
- Metallic structure for durability
- Detachable microphone
- Provides wireless connectivity
- No auxiliaries for mobile phones
- Average battery life
- Poor range
4. Logitech G432 Gaming Headset
From another famous brand, comes in the Logitech G432 that doesn't disappoint, to say the least. It features an advanced DTS: X 2; 0 surround Sound system that provides an accurate positional and 3D soundscape, as well as comprehensive 50-millimeter audio drivers for an enhanced immersive gaming experience.
What we like about this device is its compatibility with a variety of gaming consoles and mobile devices via a USB DAC input or simple 3; 5mm, which gives it a wide array of use.
Moreover, it integrates a six-millimeter flip to switch off the microphone, as well as provide volume control.
Likewise, the premium headband and leatherette ear pads allow comfortable use for extended periods.
- Advanced DTS technology for top-quality audio
- A lightweight weight that allows comfortable use for prolonged periods
- Multi-device compatibility
- Some clients complain of its too thin cable
5. Corsair HS60 Pro Gaming headset
Just like its sibling above, the Corsair HS60 brings a host of necessities and goodies that allows it bragging rights.
To begin with, it features a 7.1 virtual surround sound on the PC system that enables a multi-channel audio experience so that you don't miss anything on the battlefield. This ability is further enhanced by its top-quality customizable 50mm neodymium audio drivers.
In the same vein, the detachable unidirectional microphone that comes along with it enables noise cancellation for maximum clarity, as well as the much-needed flexibility.
The headset is compatible with multi-platforms, such as mobile devices, PCs, PS4, and Xbox one through a gold plated 3; 5mm connector; hence, allowing a wide variety of usage.
For comfortable utilization, it comes along with plush memory foam and adjustable ear cups that can allow extended use without hurting your ears.
- 7.1 virtual surround sound system for quality audio
- Detachable unidirectional microphone for convenience and clear communication
- Corsair iCUE software
- Multiplatform compatible
- Short cord
6 Cougar Immersa Ti Gaming Headset
If you wanted something sturdy, robust, and big for your ears, then the Cougar Immersa Ti may not disappoint. This beast bears an old school strap inspired design that incorporates 35mm thick ear pads for decent comfortability.
Furthermore, its extra-large 100mm ear pads complete with memory foam can fit well around your ears, while its flexible design can allow you to adjust it according to your head size and shape easily.
What makes this product unique is its titanium-coated diaphragm that allows a distinctive sound quality. Besides, its 9.7 mm retractable cardioid microphone enables clear communication, as well as convenient utilization.
On the same note, the headset comes along with a 4 to 3 pole adapter that allows extra compatibility. As a result, you can pair it with tablets, laptops, and phones, among other devices, for maximum utilization.
Last but not least, its lightweight and leather-like headband design allows comfortable usage for extended durations.
- Titanium coated diaphragm for unique quality sound
- Extra-large ear pads and foam thickness for comfortable use
- Lightweight design
- Leather-like headband design
- Some customers find them a bit tight-fitting
- Elevated high bass and that can be distracting to neutral listeners
7. Astro Gaming A 10 Gaming Headset
If you need a long term gaming companion for your every win, loss, and anything in between, then the Astro Gaming A 10 can strike a deal.
This headset features an anodized aluminum headband wrapped inside a damage-resistant polycarbonate that can stay put for a long time. And as a way of combating low latency, the device integrates the A 10 system feature that ensures accurate and immersive audio for high clarity voice communication with your gaming partners for active synchronization.
Furthermore, its integrated omnidirectional microphone with a flip-up mute functionality and in-line volume control allows complete control over the system for the accurate and precise exchange of instructions.
The system is compatible with PS4, Xbox one, mac, mobile, Nintendo, and pc, which provides you with a whole gamut of devices you can pair with.
- Anodized aluminum and damage resistant polycarbonate structure for durability
- Omnidirectional microphone for clear and precise communication
- A 10 gaming feature
- Doesn't feature a detachable microphone for convenience
8. Logitech G230 Gaming Headset
When it comes to matters regarding comfort and ease of use, the Logitech brand doesn't disappoint.
To confirm this assertion, it unleashes the Logitech G230 that comes along with extra-large pads that can comfortably accommodate your ears without sitting on them. This eliminates any type of pressure associated with ill-fitting types. Besides, they easily swivel, which prevents them from cutting into your head no matter its size or shape.
About sound control, you can increase or reduce the game volume thanks to the volume dial and mute switch that can easily be reached for immediate audio adjustments.
It also features an ergonomic sturdy mute slider switch, as well as a dynamic noise-canceling boom and folding microphone that can withstand lots of abuse while keeping your piece free from grounding or line noise issues.
You only require a windows 7, windows 8, or Linux operating environment, microphone and headset inputs to utilize this device.
- Large ear pads for comfortable use
- Noise-canceling boom microphone
- Durable and soft cloth ear pads
- Some customers complain that it has constricting ear pads
9. Creative 70GH032000000 Gaming Headset
Just as the name suggests, the Creative 70GH032000000 integrates a stylish design, as well as excellent functionalities to offer you unrivaled service.
To get you started, it provides precision-tuned 40mm full spectrum drivers that can allow a fully immersive and compelling gaming audio experience. While at it, you also get to enjoy a noise-free gaming environment, and clarity in command courtesy of the detachable noise-canceling microphone.
What makes it a distinguishable entity in the gaming field is its lightweight cushioned headband and velvet ear cups that can offer you the much-needed comfort while in the heat of the game. These can allow you to game for extended periods without feeling fatigued.
- Long adequate cord
- Adjustable frame for a comfortable fit
- Detachable noise-cancellation microphone
- A light cable that can snap when tripped over
10. Xbox One Gaming Headset
Last on our list is the elegant Xbox one gaming headset. This product features a built-in industry-leading high precision 50 mm magnetic neodymium driver that brings about a more immersive gaming experience characterized by a clear, vivid, and shock feeling sounds that can drive you wild.
Again, you get to have a noise-free environment courtesy of a noise reduction microphone embodied with mute technology that can efficiently reduce the ambient noise.
Last but not least, you'll enjoy super compatibility with other devices such as the Nintendo Switch, iPad, PS4, tablet, Xbox One, mobile phone, and personal computers, which allows its maximum utilization. As such, you don't need to buy a new set of headsets for each device in your rig.
- Compatible with several devices
- Integrates noise reduction microphone
- Built-in 50mm magnetic neodymium driver for quality audio
- Sturdy cable
- Heavy built
In conclusion, we have provided you with a substantial list of the best under $50 headsets you can grab for your next gaming bout.
More importantly, consider what will work for you in the long run to avoid unnecessary inconveniences, as well as a loss of your hard-earned money due to unnecessary purchases.
How to choose the a gaming headset under $50
When selecting a budget gaming headset, you need to consider several factors to make the right choice depending on your needs and what you're willing to fork out.
Here are some of the considerations:
- Sound quality: this aspect majorly depends on what you prefer. Budget gaming headsets run a gamut of sound variations ranging from low frequencies to high frequencies.
- In our opinion, low frequencies are a better option when you have little cash. However, if you have a higher budget, you can go for those between mid-range and higher frequencies since such devices can enable better separation.
- Leather versus fabric material: These two types of materials can determine the longevity and performance of the gaming headset. For instance, a leathered headset can provide more profound sound isolation compared to fabric featured one that may leak or allow in other sounds.
- On the other hand, well-cushioned padding can offer you the most comfortable fit compared to a leather feel. As such, a choice between the two boils down to your preference.
- Built quality: often, you would always vouch for superior quality when considering your potential purchase. However, in making such a choice, you could end up with an extremely sturdy device that has too much weight, which can act to your disadvantage.
- Therefore, a balance between several aspects such as design, durability, and type of material is required before selecting one. Additionally, you can try them on, and reasonably try to stretch them to determine if they are flimsy or a real deal.
- Microphone: this attachment determines the kind of communication you'll have with your team members.
- As a rule of thumb, select a headset that has the highest affordable quality and can be moved around.
- Compatibility: it is a no brainer that you would require a headset system that can work well with your existent gaming systems.
- Consequently, it is prudent to compare your systems requirements with the features of your potential buy to determine if they can make a perfect match. You can also check the compatibility label on the product to straighten things up before investing your money.
- Aesthetics: Although not a very big determinant when considering performance, this aspect can allow you some clout. Therefore, there is no shame in paying little attention to this factor since everyone loves some sense of style.
- Comfort: Ideally, your gaming headset needs to comfortably fit on your head as you are going to use it for prolonged periods. So, select what makes most comfortable; otherwise, you would be in for a rough time.
FAQ around good gaming headset under $50
What makes a good gaming headset?
Basically, an excellent gaming headset constitutes one that is comfortable to use. It is compatible with several devices. It has a good design quality for ease of use and durability. Produces excellent sound quality, and has a well- designed microphone for exceptional communication.
What will you forego in cheap gaming headsets?
If a budget gaming headset ticks on all the other aspects regarding performance, you can forego aesthetics as they are least important.
How much is a gaming headset?
The price of a gaming headset mainly depends on its functionalities, as well as its built-in features. For instance, the more the whistles and bells a headset has, the pricier it becomes.
What headset does Ninja use?
Ninja currently uses the Beyerdynamic DT 990 pro headset that is famed for having audiophile-level sound quality. It is also commonly used by sound and music technicians for mastering, editing, and professional mixing.
What kind of plastic are gaming headsets made of?
Gaming headsets are mainly molded from two sturdy plastic materials: namely polyester and polycarbonate.